Microwave ovens have become an inevitable kitchen appliance in Indian homes. It has now become the most sought after kitchen appliance if you want...
Microwave ovens have become an inevitable kitchen appliance in Indian homes. It has now become the most sought after kitchen appliance if you want to grill, reheat or bake. It cooks in minutes and saves energy as well.
Microwaves have smart features these days and are user friendly too. However, with the market flooded with so many brands and models, are you smart enough to choose a pocket friendly microwave that suits your requirements? The comparative study is based on the regular-selling brands and models of convection microwave ovens.
Consumer VOICE shortlisted 13 models of convection-type microwave ovens that provided sufficient information. During convection cooking, hot air is circulated throughout the oven cavity to brown and make crisp foods quickly and evenly. The oven can be programmed for different cooking temperatures.
Better Safe than Sorry
- Carefully read the operating manual before starting the microwave oven.
- Look for microwave-specific cookware. Never use metal or metal-trimmed utensils in your microwave oven.
- Do not operate the oven when empty (except in prep-heat mode). It’s best to leave a glass of water in the oven when not in use. The water will safely absorb all microwave energy if the oven is accidentally started.
- Do not operate the oven with a kitchen towel or a napkin; always use gloves when removing the dish from oven.
- Do not rinse the turntable by placing it in water just after cooking.
- Do not cook eggs in their shell as these will explode.
- Do not attempt deep fat-frying in your oven.
- Remove the polythene/plastic wrapping from food before defrosting.
- If smoke is observed, switch off or disconnect the oven from the power supply and keep the oven door closed.
- Liquid or other foods must not be heated in sealed containers.
- Do not cover the ventilation slots.
- Avoid aluminium foil for cooking wrapped food.
- Do not try to repair the oven by yourself. Always take it to an authorised service centre.
A comprehensive comparative study of the top microwave convection ovens has been made by Consumer VOICE experts on capacity, display type, warranty, price, protection and features like child safety lock.
To get the detailed study and comparative report, click here.
Microwave ovens are all about convenience. Whether you want to warm leftovers, make soup, tea or coffee, make instant snacks like popcorn, or cook...
Microwave ovens are a technological wonder that has helped people to survive on frozen or packaged meals. But are these home appliances worth the...