Date: 19th May (Tuesday)
Time: 3-5 pm
Myths associated with meat and poultry products
Some of the common myths that need to be busted:
Coronavirus spreads through meat and poultry products
Chicken is not healthy and could be infected with virus
It doesn’t matter how you cook the meat
Meat industry is responsible for the spread of the virus
If you want facts checked and get these myths and doubts cleared for once and for all, then do join this Virtual Session on Myths and Facts on Meat and Poultry Food Products in the Context of Covid-19.
Best Practices on COVID 19 Prevention while Ensuring Smooth Operations: Presentation on Poultry Products.
Best Practices on COVID 19 Prevention while Ensuring Smooth Operations: Presentation on Meat Products
What can you expect from the program:
- How the Meat and Poultry industry is operating in the COVID scenario to ensure safe products which will not have any adverse health impact, are being processed for consumers while also protecting the health of their employees.
- There is a general scare that meat and poultry products must be avoided during this COVID 19 situation. These myths and facts will be discussed with simple scientifically proved inputs.
- Mr Arabind Das, Chairman, CII National Committee on Agriculture Allied Sectors
- Mr Ashim Sanyal, COO, Consumer VOICE
- Mr S Dave, Chairman, Surakshit Khadya Abhiyan
- Dr B M Naveena, Principal Scientist, ICAR
- Dr Rubeena Shaheen, Director Science and Standards, FSSAI
About the Organisers
The CII Jubilant Bhartia Food and Agriculture Centre of Excellence (CII-FACE) is charged with the mission to improve the competitiveness of India’s agriculture & food processing sector, by catalyzing innovation, building capacity and enhancing productivity across the agriculture and food value chain, ensuring food security and inclusive growth. FACE works closely with farmers, companies, developmental institutions, and the government. Comprising of an extensive team of domain experts across verticals FACE has evolved a robust services portfolio and has establish itself as a credible knowledge resource in the agriculture and food domain.
Consumer VOICE is a Voluntary Action Group of Academicians, Professionals and Volunteers who work relentlessly to raise awareness amongst Indian consumers about their own Consumer Rights and the governing Consumer Laws. Established in 1983, Consumer VOICE has championed consumer education in the country ever since. Over the years, VOICE has been representing consumers and protecting their interests with policy-makers, the judiciary and statutory regulatory bodies.