We all know that keeping articles safe in a bank locker is the best possible way to keep your assets secured. But how to hire a safe locker that’s just right for you? What are the tips for hiring a locker? Though banks do not have a control on the contents of the bank locker, yet they need to have adequate precautions to keep the contents of your bank locker safe. To begin with, it is always advisable to have your safe locker near your residence for easy accessibility.
Smart Tips for Hiring a Locker
- Make sure your safe locker in the bank has all the necessary security measures, such as alarm systems, iron-gated rooms, electronic surveillance via CCTV, etc. Also, make sure that the safe room is built with concrete and steel plating of the walls and the floor.
- Make a list of all the things you are planning to keep in your safe locker. This will help you calculate the value of the contents, and will help you claim compensation in case the items go missing.
- Keep the original bills of all the ornaments (if possible with a photo in your mobile/laptop) you intend to keep in the bank locker.
- One of the most important tips for hiring a locker is that you must visit your locker frequently and ensure that your valuables are safe. Operate the safe locker at least once a year.
- Always open your bank locker after the bank employee, who accompanies you to the vault, leaves the place.
Always ensure that the bank locker is properly locked before you leave the vault.
If you ever find your locker tampered with or damaged in any manner, immediately bring it to the notice of the bank manager in writing. If you suspect foul play, lodge an FIR immediately against the bank for the police to inquire further in the matter.
Though banks must ensure all precautions and adopt all safety measures yet it will not accept any responsibility in case of theft or loss. So be smart, and follow the expert tips for hiring a locker.