About Consumer VOICE
Voluntary Organisation in Interest of Consumer Education (VOICE) is a pioneer consumer protection group (NGO) based in New Delhi working for consumer-education, a champion of Consumer interests & issues since 1983. Over years VOICE has been representing and protecting consumer interests with policy-makers, judiciary, and statutory regulatory bodies. Since 1991, VOICE is spear-heading independent and non-partisan Comparative Testing Program of Products with technical support of Stiftung Warentest (Germany) in India , supported by GOI Ministry of Consumer Affairs & other Ministries and many reputed Indian & Global Social-cause organizations and Foundations and other stakeholders.
What we Envisage
- Build consumer awareness based on scientific facts and complete information, to strengthen Rights of Consumers, especially the Right to Informed Choice(s).
- Grow and institutionalize Consumer Movement, and make it self-sustainable.
What We Do
- Empower Consumers through Comparative Product Testing or Services Evaluation.
- Propagate the concept of Best Buys of Products or Services, as in developed countries.
- Develop a center for comparative testing, based on international norms as a member of ICRT and Consumers International.
- Educate consumers on good and fair business practices, including their right to grievance resolution.
- Represent and protect consumers’ interest with all regulatory bodies and standard-setting institutions
Journey So Far
It is said that great ideas do not need great physical space but great minds!
This is how VOICE began its journey from a single room in Golf Links Road in 1983. At a time when India was fast becoming a consumer oriented country, a group of bright young men felt the need to protect the rights, address the issues and empower the consumers.